556 total views, 2 views today
History and Cultural Facts
- In 1926, Zinder was the previous capital of Niger before Niamey was announced as its official capital. Niamey is the biggest city of Niger. It was most likely established in the eighteenth century. It turned into a vital focus amid the French provincial time frame. Niger is situated in the pearl millet developing area. It has an expected populace of 774,235 and spreads a region of 92.4 square miles.
- The national day of Niger, otherwise called the republic day, is praised on December 18. Since 1958, December 18 has been a notable day however it was not announced a national celebration until 2005. This day honors the establishing of the republic and the formation of administration of Niger.
- The insignia of Niger portrays a four-section signal hanging in the orange, white and green. In the center, a white shield is set. On the shield there are four brilliant images. In the center, there is a sun, to one side there is a vertical lance with two crossed Tuareg swords, to the in that spot are three pearl millet heads and at the base is a Zebu head. Underneath the shield and the banners, there is a lace bearing the name of nation in French: Republique du Niger. It was received in 1959.
- There are a few old urban areas, towns and towns in the nation with all around safeguarded customary design. Some are surrendered, for example, Djado and Djaba and now are extraordinary destroys amidst desert. The Djado Plateau lies in the Sahara, in northeastern Niger. It is known for its give in craftsmanship, yet is presently generally uninhabited, with surrendered towns posts as yet standing and unmistakable. Others are alive, for example, Agadez, Fachi, and Zinder and to untouchable may look like living outdoors historical centers. Agadez is otherwise called the entryway to the desert, on the southern edge of the Sahara desert. While, Fachi is a desert spring encompassed by the Ténéré desert and the rises of the Erg of Bilma in eastern Niger, set on the western edge of the little Agram mountain outcropping. Ultimately, Zinder is the second biggest city in Niger, It is arranged 861 km east of the capital Niamey and 240 km north of the Nigerian city of Kano.
- Bura site – Tera. Ancient (first millenium AD) necropolis with caskets which are embellished with fascinating earthenware statues. Site contains internment hills, altars, old abodes. This site has offered name to nearby archeological culture – Bura culture.
- Dabous giraffe carvings in Agadez is World’s biggest single petroglyph. One of a kind life-sized shake carvings of two giraffes made approximately 8 – 10 thousand years prior. The quality and detail of carvings is uncommon. Biggest giraffe is 5.4 m tall. The site contains many different petroglyphs. Niger is extremely rich with ancient precipice workmanship and there are incalculable destinations with petroglyphs, including exceptionally fascinating and to some degree secretive round-headed individuals in Tageuit.
- Gobero site in Agadez is the most seasoned known memorial park in the Sahara, was utilized as of now around 8,000 BC. Here have been discovered remainders of terminated creatures, human remains and numerous intriguing ancient rarities. Site was occupied for around 5 thousand years.
- Zinder chronicled focuses in Zinder is a verifiable desert city which advanced in the eighteenth century. Two areas in the city, for example, Birni and Zengou contains numerous chronicled structures. Birni (Birini) contains Zinder Great Mosque and Zinder Sultan’s Palace, however Zengou (old Hausa settlement) have numerous cases of vernacular engineering. City has various mudbrick structures.
- Assodé ruins in Agadez is remnants of recorded Tuareg capital in Aïr mountains, established around eleventh century AD, declined in the eighteenth century AD and deserted since 1917. Vestiges of 30 m long mosque.
- Yamma Mosque (Yaama Mosque) in Tahoua is a surprising building, developed in 1962 and later in conventional style, from adobe. Building has expound structure of focal arch and four minarets. The nearby engineer Elhadj Mamoudou dit Falké has assembled a few comparative mosques around there.
Imperative and fascinating Facts
- Zinder was the previous capital of Niger before Niamey was pronounced as its official capital in 1926. Zinder, in the past additionally spelled Sinder, is the second biggest city in Niger, with a populace of 170,574 by 2005 was evaluated to be more than 200,000. It is arranged 861 km east of the capital Niamey and 240 km north of the Nigerian city of Kano.
- Niger is fundamentally partitioned into seven locales and one capital region. Niger imparts its regional limits to seven other African nations. They being Nigeria, Chad, Algeria, Mali, Burkina Faso, Benin and Libya.
- Niger is a creating nation. It positions 167 out of 169 nations as far as the United Nations’ Human Development Index (HDI). The GDP of the nation is 10.75 billion dollars and the economy is construct basically upon interior markets, subsistence farming and fare of crude items. Japan, Nigeria, France, Algeria and Belgium are the fundamental exchanging accomplices of the nation. Niger sends out Uranium metal, animals, cow peas and onions while it imports hardware, sustenance, vehicles and oil.
- The nation of Niger is one of the most smoking nations on the planet and is broadly nicknamed as ‘Griddle of the World’. It can get sufficiently hot to influence raindrops to dissipate before they hit the ground. Niger has a sub-tropical atmosphere, with most of the land mass commanded by a bone-dry, desert condition, making the nation hot and dry. There is likewise a region of Niger with moving savanna meadows, in the south, transforming into sloping territory in the north. In the south east of the nation, the part of Lake Chad which Niger imparts to neighboring nations additionally has a cooling and soggy impact on the atmosphere, which is generally always hot and dry.
- Greboun is the most astounding point in Niger. It stands roughly 6,379 feet (1,944 meters) tall. Mount Greboun is a 5,592 ft/1,705 m mountain top in Agadez, Niger. In view of peakery information, it positions as the sixth most noteworthy mountain in Agadez and the sixth most noteworthy mountain in Niger. The closest pinnacles are Ihouilene, Ilem, Essa, Tamazour, Tchiouanki, and Adrar Temouroudout.
- Niger is home to one of the world’s biggest ensured holds, the Air and Tenere Natural Reserves, which is the shelter for creatures like addax, Cheetah, Oryx and the gazelle. This is the biggest secured territory in Africa, covering exactly 7.7 million ha, however the region considered an ensured haven constitutes just a single 6th of the aggregate region. It incorporates the volcanic shake mass of the Aïr, a little Sahelian stash, separated as respects its atmosphere and widely varied vegetation, and arranged in the Saharan desert of Ténéré. The stores gloat an exceptional assortment of scenes, plant species and wild creatures.
- Agadez is the biggest city in the nation of Niger. Agadez in Niger is imperative and celebrated as a market town of the nation. Agadez Attractions incorporate the Mosque of Agadez which was worked in the sixteenth century. Agadez is likewise a focal point of transportation of uranium, which is mined in the territory. Alternate attractions of Agadez incorporate the focal market, the Sultan’s Palace. There is a camel advertise in the city. The sightseers to Agadez can likewise visit the shops were silver articles are sold. In Agadez another intriguing spot is the Croix da Agadez. The metal works which are accessible in the Artisan Center is likewise extremely well known in the city..
- The Nigerian banner is consummately square fit as a fiddle and the shades of orange, white and green remain for the Sahara desert, virtue and honesty, and green vegetation and productive rural zones of the nation individually.
- Tuareg and Inadan men wear cloak. Despite the fact that the Tuaregs are Muslim the ladies don’t cover their countenances. The Tuareg are best known for the men’s routine with regards to veiling their countenances with a blue material colored with indigo. Early explorers’ records frequently alluded to them as the “Blue Men” of the Sahara Desert, the locale where numerous Tuareg live. It is trusted that the Tuareg are relatives of the North African Berbers, and that they began in the Fezzan area of Libya. They later ventured into areas flanking the Sahara, bringing nearby cultivating people groups into their own particular society.
- A dinosaur named Nigersaurus has been found in Niger. It had a long neck and a mouth like a hammerhead shark with up to six hundred teeth for brushing greeneries. Nigersaurus is a sort of rebbachisaurid sauropod dinosaur that lived amid the center Cretaceous time frame, around 115 to 105 million years back. It was found in the Elrhaz Formation in a territory called Gadoufaoua, in the Republic of Niger.
- The North is secured by semi deserts and expansive deserts and the South is ruled by Savannahs. Untamed life incorporates bison, elephants, West African lion, Northwest African cheetah, roan, pronghorns and warthogs.
- There are numerous dinosaur stays in a region of the Sahara in Niger. Fossils of dinosaur-period crocodiles found in Sahara. Five extraordinary crocodiles that lived close by the dinosaurs 100 million years prior, including one brandishing hog like tusks and another with a duckbill nose, have been found in the Sahara.
- Niger is a nation in the African mainland that possesses large amounts of natural life. Stops in Niger go about as stores and preservation territories for these natural life species. Numerous creatures in the African woodlands have turned out to be uncommon and imperiled species and are ensured in these national stops in Niger. The national stops in Niger are proof of bio-assorted variety getting it done. National Parks of Niger National parks of Niger are a fortune place of different types of fauna. There are two national stops in Niger that merit saying the Abaaba National Park and W National Park. These national parks have likewise turned into a focal point of vacation destination in the nation.
- The Niger has a standout amongst the most irregular courses of any of the significant streams on the planet. It begins roughly 150 miles from the Atlantic Ocean (240 kilometers). Rather than streaming to the close-by Atlantic Ocean it rather heads inland, far from the ocean into the Sahara Desert. It turns strongly close to the city of Timbuktu and heads to the Gulf of Guine
- Tunguma Stone in Dosso, close Lougou is a customary stone of judgment, which can be moved toward just by certain, approved individuals. As per neighborhood customs it moves towards the person who asks, of the appropriate response is sure and moves away, if pessimistic. This site has numerous legends, including legends about the close-by entombment of amazing first ruler of Saraounia. This territory is the last fortification of Hausa animist religion.
- Tree of Ténéré (mold) in Agadez. Metal figure in the site where was standing forlorn tree, apparently – the loneliest tree on the planet. This Acacia was standing 400 km from the closest tree until the point when it was thumped around an auto in 1973.
- Madarounfa Lake in Maradi, around this lake is 99 graves of Muslim holy people. Site of legends about unordinary occasion, for example, social affairs of light on Thursday nights.
- The least point is the Niger River that has a height of 200 meters and the most astounding point is Mont Idoukal-n-Taghes in the Air Mountains at 2,044 m. Niger River, primary stream of western Africa. With a length of 2,600 miles (4,200 km), it is the third longest stream in Africa, after the Nile and the Congo. The Niger is accepted to have been named by the Greeks. Along its course it is known by a few names. These incorporate the Joliba (Malinke: “extraordinary waterway”) in its upper course; the Mayo Balleo and the Isa Eghirren in its focal reach; and the Kwarra, Kworra, or Quorra in its lower extend.
- The Niger has a standout amongst the most surprising courses of any of the real waterways on the planet. It begins roughly 150 miles from the Atlantic Ocean (240 kilometers). Rather than streaming to the adjacent Atlantic Ocean it rather heads inland, far from the ocean into the Sahara Desert. It turns forcefully close to the city of Timbuktu and heads to the Gulf of Guinea.
- Dissimilar to the Nile, the Niger is clear. This is on the grounds that its source contains almost no sediment. The nations of Niger and Nigeria get their names from the waterway. Amongst Segou and Timbuktu the inclination of the stream diminishes definitely and frames the Inner Niger Delta. The delta is roughly the span of the nation Belgium. The abatement slope makes the stream of the waterway back off bringing about various walks, lakes, and streams. Around there around 66% of the waterways potential stream is lost, spilling into lakes and walks. At the point when the district surges, amid the blustery season, astounding conditions for angling and cultivating are made.