924 total views, 2 views today
Kalabsha Temple initially worked at Kalabsha (Talmis) was moved to its present area at New Kalabsha (Chellal) in 1970, together with different landmarks from Nubia, including the Kiosk of Qertassi (Kertassi). Additionally adjacent is Beit al-Wali. Reachable by taxi or by vessel, contingent upon the water level, the sandstone structure was worked by the Roman Emperor Octavius Augustus (30 to 14 BC) and devoted to the richness and Nubian Solar divinity known as Mandulis.
It was the biggest unsupported sanctuary of Egyptian Nubia and the plan of Kalabsha Temple is traditional for the Ptolemaic period with arches, yard, hypostyle corridor and three room haven. Be that as it may, the Pylon is balanced, which makes a trapezoid in the yard past. It was based on the site of a prior structure worked by Ptolemy IX as prove by a house of prayer. There is likewise a little church and door on Elephantine Island from Kalabsha, and an entryway worked by Augustus was given to the Agyptisches Museum in West Berlin.
The patio simply inside the arch once had sections on three sides. At either end is a staircase that prompts to the upper stories of the arch and a decent perspective of Lake Nassar. On the privilege screened divider isolating the patio from the hypostyle lobby is an engraving from Aurelius Besarion (around 249 AD), the legislative leader of Ombos and Elephantine, proclaiming the removal of swine from the town for religious purposes. On a segment here is the content of King Kharamadoye and is one of the longest Meroitic engravings found to date.
On an end divider is thought to be an engraving of the fifth century Nubian King, Silko, who vanquished the wild Nubian Blemmyes. Different seances on the on the screen dividers incorporate the King with Horus and Thoth. On the back of the vestibule are scenes portraying a Ptolemaic lord making offerings to Isis and Mandulis. Additionally, Amenhotep II, who established the first sanctuary (1450 to 1425 BC) whereupon this one is constructed, is making offers of wine to Min and Mandulis.
After the vestibule are three chambers, the pronaos (a chamber going before the asylum, the naos, or haven where statues of divine beings were found, and the adyton, which is the deepest or emit holy place). Different seances inside these loads demonstrate the King encompassed by the goddesses of Upper and Lower Egypt, Amun-Min and Ptah while accepting heavenly water from Thoth and Horus. In the naos and adyton, the ruler is making offerings to Osiris, Isis and Mandulis.
There is additionally a little church which can be come to from stairs in the main chamber which then slide from the rooftop into the sanctuary set inside the divider. As you leave the sanctuary, make sure to take note of the back divider with pictures of Mandulis with his vulture feathered shroud.