4,773 total views, 646 views today
Where is South America located?
South America is the fourth biggest landmass in size and is situated in the Southern Hemisphere of the Earth. It is home to the grand Andes mountain go and the strange Amazon River.
The landmass of South America is minimal and somewhat triangular fit as a fiddle, being expansive in the north and in narrowing down at the point called Cape Horn in the south.
South America is limited by three noteworthy water bodies from three sides: Pacific Ocean on the west, Caribbean Sea toward the northwest and the Atlantic Ocean on the east.
20 Interesting realities about South America
- South America contains about 12% of the world’s property.
- South America is the fifth biggest mainland as far as populace.
- Andes mountain framework in South America is the second most astounding mountain extend on the planet, by the Himalayas, in Asia.
- The most elevated cascade on the planet, Angel Falls, is arranged in South America.
- World’s most elevated lake, Lake Titicaca, is situated here
- World’ biggest salt lake, Salar de Uyuni, is situated here.
- Portuguese and Spanish are the primary dialects spoken in South America.
- Brazil, the biggest maker of espresso on the planet, is arranged in South America.
- The most noteworthy point in this mainland is Cerro Aconcagua in Andes in Argentina.
- The landmass of South America is named after the Italian traveler Amerigo Vespucci.
- Boa constrictor, the heaviest snake on earth, is found in South America.
- It has the world’s biggest waterway Amazon (by volume).
- Amazon rainforest is likewise the biggest rainforest on the planet.
- An aggregate of 12 nations together establish the landmass of South America.
- Zone shrewd, the biggest nation in South America is Brazil.
- Suriname is the littlest nation in South America.
- Brazil is the most thickly populated nation in South America.
- The Atacama Desert, Chile, is the biggest desert.
- A portion of the uncommon creatures found in South America are insect eating animals, armadillos and llamas.
- It is the main landmass to have wild Pink Dolphins.